Treasury of Razavi Holy Shrine History

Treasury of Razavi Holy Shrine History
 27 December 2016  |  218 Visit

Treasury of Razavi Holy Shrine History

In 1356/1977 the objects of the old museum were transferred to a new building located in the Kowthar courtyard of the Holy Shrine and the public museum was inaugurated in the ground floor.

In 1356/1977 the objects of the old museum were transferred to a new building located in the Kowthar courtyard of the Holy Shrine and the public museum was inaugurated in the ground floor. Mashhad History Treasury was established in 1378/1999 aimed at introducing the developmental trend of Mashhad city and the incidents taken place to the Razavi sacred premises over past centuries. With respect to the association of the displayed objects with the Holy Shrine, Mashhad History Treasury was renamed to Treasury of Razavi Holy Shrine History in 1392/2013.
Currently, with an area of about 1000sq.m. exhibition space, the museum displays such cultural and historical objects as golden, silver, and steel Zarihs, golden inscriptions of the Holy Shrine, wooden doors, golden and silver doors, gilded prayer niches, the steel window of the Holy Shrine, different kinds of pilgrimage prayer books, kinds of illumination devices, locks, and historical pictures of the sacred premises.
The objects displayed in the museum can be divided into two categories:
1. Objects with practical application that were used for a special purpose such as illumination devices, steel pilgrimage prayer books, washing devices of the Holy Shrine, golden tablets, old keys and locks of Holy Shrine, etc.,
2. Objects related to the architecture of the Razavi sacred premises that were installable on different parts of the Holy Shrine such as the holy “Maqam” stone of Imam Reza (A.S.), Khwarazmshahi stone-trough, prayer niches, inlaid wooden and knurly door of Ilkhanid period, plain steel Zarih, etc.

Hazrat’s Front Side Mihrab (prayer niche)
Kind: Golden color Tile
Dimensions: 273×220 cm. 
Date of Making: 612 A.H./1215
Ordered by: Abd al-Aziz ibn-i Adam Qumi
Maker: Muhammad ibn-Ii Tahir Kashani with cooperation of Abu Zayd Naqqash
Explanation: In this museum, three Mihrabs made of gold color tiles, called the front side, the below feet, and the head side Mihrabs have been put on show. 
Golden Ayat al-Kursi Inscription scribed by Alireza Abbasi 
Date of Making: 1012 A.H./1603
Endower: Shah Abbas Safavi
Explanation: Four inscriptions made by Alireza Abbasi have been inscribed on the golden tablets mounted over the wooden case of Imam Reza’s (A.S.) tomb that include: Ayat al-Kursi in Thulth script, Imam Reza (A.S.) Special Salawat in Naskh script, Persian poems on Imam Reza’s (A.S.) eulogy in Nastaliq, and a small inscription dated as 1012 A.H/1603.

Carved Inscriptional, Depicted, and Golden Cresset
Date of Construction: 1267 A.H./1850
Endower: Mahdi Quli Mirza Qajar, Fath Ali Shah’s son

Carved Steel Pitcher
Maker: Feizullah Shushtari
Date of Construction: 1127 A.H./1715
Endower: Sultan Hussein Musavi Safavi

  Add a Commanet