Carpet Specialized Museum

Carpet Specialized Museum
 27 December 2016  |  363 Visit

Carpet Specialized Museum

The first building of Carpet Specialized Museum was established in Tir 1377 H.Sh/1998. This treasury has precious carpets from past centuries, woven specially for the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (A.S.).

The first building of Carpet Specialized Museum was established in Tir 1377 H.Sh/1998. This treasury has precious carpets from past centuries, woven specially for the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (A.S.). With respect to the importance of the carpet treasury and with purpose of specialization of this treasury, a new building was planned to be constructed in 1383/2004 thanks to the special attention of the Grand Custodian of Astan Quds Razavi. 
Inaugurated in 1390/2011, this building leads to the Central Museum from the north, to the Kawthar courtyard from the east, to the Imam Khomeini (R.A.) portico from the west, and to chambers of the Razavi Grand courtyard from the south; it has been constructed with a build-up area of 6,600sq.m. in four stories including the warehouse. A large portion of the building has been assigned to the exhibition space and a smaller portion to the administrative and the research sections; it can be accessed through the Central Museum and the Kawthar courtyard.
This treasury is the largest specialized carpet treasury in the world in terms of expanse and has been equipped with all modern specialized facilities including fire extinguishing system, air conditioning system, specialized quarantine rooms, standard museum lights, pesticide system, maintenance, and so on, and in each floor depending on its space, certain kinds of carpets have been put on show.
Some of the most important works of this treasury are Shah Abbas’ carpets related to the Safavid period, Amu Oghli carpets and curtains, the “Haft Shahr-e-Eshq” (Seven Love Cities) carpet, the Me’raj carpets, etc., recently donated to the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (A.S.).

Shah Abbasi Spiral (Afshan) Braid-holder Carpet 
Design: Spiral (Afshan)
Place of Weaving: Mashhad
Date of Weaving: Safavid Period, Late 10th Century
Knot Count: 45 Persian (asymmetrical) Knots per 6.5 cm.
Dimensions: 555×355 cm.
Donator: Probably Shah Abbas Safavi

Intertwined Fish Packsaddle
Design: Allover 
Place of Weaving: Sanandaj
Date of Weaving: Qajar Period, Middle 13th Century
Knot Count: 45 Turkish (symmetrical) Knots per 7 cm.
Dimensions: 192×160 cm.
Inscriptional Rug, Bearing Imam Reza’s (A.S.) Eulogy
Design: Pictorial
Place of Weaving: Isfahan
Date of Weaving: 1377/1998.
Creator and Donator: Muhammad Seirfian
Knot Count: 75 Persian (asymmetrical) Knots per 6.5 cm.
Dimensions: 193×118 cm.
“Haft Shahr-e-Eshq” (Seven Love Cities) Carpet
Design: Combinational (Prayer-Pictorial)
Place of Weaving: Isfahan
Date of Weaving: 1353/1974
Creator: Yadullah Safdarzadeh Haqiqi
Knot Count: 75 Persian (asymmetrical) Knots per 6.5 cm.
Dimensions: 460×370 cm.
Donator: Mahdi Safdarzadeh Haqiqi

  Add a Commanet